WAYS TO HELP YOUR STUDENT
Have you talked to your student about
- Designing an action/life plan with a Career Coach?
- Gaining marketable experience by getting involved in clubs or organizations
- Building their professional network and brand?
- Attending employer events on campus?
- Finding undergraduate research opportunities?
- Getting their scholarship or professional materials reviewed?
- Finding an internship?
- Finding a mentor?
- Pressuring your student, especially regarding major and salary outcomes. Successful graduates come from all majors. See where our graduates have landed in 'Who Hired U of U Grads.'
- Coming to career coaching meetings and events with or on behalf of your student.
- Engaging with employers on behalf of your student. Teach your student how to properly advocate for themselves.
- Making career decisions for your student.
- Writing their resume or cover letter. Your student needs to “own” their documents, and if you make them on behalf of your student, they may not be prepared for their job search.
Other Ways to Get Involved
- Sponsor a student in Suit Up.
- Follow us on social media - we're on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Introduce us to your company to recruit University of Utah students: Develop an internship program at your organization.
- Join the Parent Association.
Please reach out to us with any questions or inquiries you might have.