Career Development In The Classroom
The Career & Professional Development Center can be embedded in your work in a variety of ways.
- Include Career Assignments in Your Class
- We would love you to encourage or require your students to attend a Career Expo or fair, networking event, or career education program for extra credit or a class assignment. Let us know what event you select and we will let you know who attends. Other possible career education assignments include resume critiques and practice interviews.
- Promote Our Services in Your Syllabus
- "Career Resources: Career & Professional Development Center is the centralized department at the University of Utah charged with educating students in the discovery and realization of meaningful careers. Our services include career exploration, resume and cover letter reviews, interview prep, graduate school prep, internship/job search and more. Visit Career Services in the Student Services Building Room 350 or at careers.utah.edu."
- Don't Cancel Class
- If you are unable to teach a class session, please Career and Professional Development Center and a member of our staff would be happy to either present one of our workshops or create a tailored presentation for your students.
- Check Out Our Toolkit
- We have marketing flyers, event brochures, worksheets, sample resumes, and more that you can integrate as needed.
Co-Sponsor An Event or Program
Nominate A Student For Suit Up
We need your help in providing our students with professional attire. Here at Career Services, we want to provide all students with the tools and skill set they need to navigate their professional careers - and we recognize that due to associated financial costs, these tools, such as clothing, may be out of reach for some students. Nominate one of your students and help us recognize highly motivated third or fourth year students who have demonstrated financial need. With your help, these students of exceptional promise can avoid the exorbitant cost of purchasing business attire for their upcoming career.
Nominees must be:
- University of Utah undergraduate students.
- Juniors or Seniors with a 2019 or 2020 graduation date.
- Students who have previously been awarded any amount of need-based financial aid.
Nominations deadlines will be announced soon. Please fill out the following form to nominate your student.