Career Development In The Classroom
The Career & Professional Development Center can be embedded in your work in a variety of ways.
- Include Career Assignments in Your Class
- We would love you to encourage or require your students to attend a Career Expo or fair, networking event, or career education program for extra credit or a class assignment. Let us know what event you select and we will let you know who attends. Other possible career education assignments include resume critiques and practice interviews.
- Promote Our Services in Your Syllabus
- "Career Resources: Career & Professional Development Center is the centralized department at the University of Utah charged with educating students in the discovery and realization of meaningful careers. Our services include career exploration, resume and cover letter reviews, interview prep, graduate school prep, internship/job search and more. Visit Career Services in the Student Services Building Room 350 or at careers.utah.edu."
- Don't Cancel Class
- If you are unable to teach a class session, please Career and Professional Development Center and a member of our staff would be happy to either present one of our workshops or create a tailored presentation for your students.
- Check Out Our Toolkit
- We have marketing flyers, event brochures, worksheets, sample resumes, and more that you can integrate as needed.
Co-Sponsor An Event or Program
Encourage your students to apply for our Suit Up Scholarship
Here at the Career and Professional Development Center, our goal is to provide all students with the tools and skill set they need to navigate their professional endeavors. We recognize that some of these tools may be out of reach for some due to financial constraints. We are excited to announce that we have partnered with JCPenney for our Suit Up event in the Spring semester. The purpose of this event is to make professional attire more attainable to our University of Utah community (students, staff, faculty, and recent alumni). This event is exclusive to the University of Utah community and JCPenney will be offering deeply discounted professional attire!
In conjunction with the Suit Up event, our office has a Suit Up Scholarship. This scholarship will provide funds for selected students for full professional attire (suit, shirt, shoes, and accessories).
Find more information and our application here. Applications require a letter of recommendation from University faculty or professional off-campus supervisor.