DIVERSITY SHARK TANK
DIVERSITY SHARK TANK
As part of the Career Fest this year, we are hosting our first-ever Diversity Shark Tank!
This is your opportunity to make meaningful change on campus! Come present ideas for a program or initiative that will help solve issues on Equity, Diversity, Accessibility, and Inclusion on campus. We look forward to hearing innovative ideas from students, and student groups & clubs. The winning programs/initiatives will receive up to $1,000 in funding and a mentorship program set up with the Student Affairs Associate Vice President for Student Development and Inclusion, Dr. Bryan Hubain.
After reviewing the submissions, the top five programs/initiatives will be selected to participate in a live in-person Diversity Shark Tank. Students selected will be asked to present on their programs/initiatives in 15 minutes and “in real-time.” A group of on-campus and off-campus judges will identify if their program/initiative is selected and the amount of funding they will receive to begin to implement their ideas. (You can view the judging rubric below the submission form.)
Wednesday, September 29, 2021 | 4 p.m. - 6 p.m. | Union Ballroom
selected topic areas for program/initiative Submissions :
- What are ways of creating inclusive spaces that can encourage support, critical conversations, and community for differing religious groups and students belonging to religions in the minority at the University of Utah?
- In what ways can environmental justice be a framework for climate sustainability and considers the most vulnerable at the University of Utah?
- When thinking about neurodiversity, how can we create access and support at the University of Utah?
- Food Insecurity
- Beyond the Food Pantries on campus, what ways can the University of Utah create access for students who may experience food insecurity?
- What would a social norming project look like that communicates the importance of care, identification, and listening by a COVID-19 conscious student body?
We are excited to hear from you! Please submit your proposal below! Submissions due by Sept 20, 2021 at 5:00 pm.
For any questions email Carmen Gold-Johnson.
DIVERSITY SHARK TANK ENTRY FORM: