How to Post a Job or Internship at the University of Utah:
The University of Utah is moving to Handshake, which will replace our current UCareerPath system and become your one-stop-shop for finding U of U students and alumni for employment opportunities. Here’s a bit more information on the process:
- If you have been active in UCareerPath over the past year, you will receive an email next week with an invite to join Handshake and link up with the University of Utah.
- If you have not been active over the past year, you can still join Handshake, you’ll just have to register for an account here.
- Handshake is currently live for select University of Utah Alumni, and it will be launching to the entire student body in mid-June.
- Until mid-June, UCareerPath remains the best place to post employment opportunities. However, please keep in mind that we will set an expiration date of June 19thfor all job posting in UCareerPath, and no new postings will be accepted after this date.
- You may begin posting jobs in Handshake as soon as you’re registered and approved, keeping in mind that students won’t be in the system until mid-June.
- We’ll be taking 2018 Fall Fair registrations through Handshake, not UCareerPath, and plan to have this portal open soon.
Thank you for your patience as we transition to the new system and iron out the kinks. We look forward to seeing you on Handshake!
For personal/private individual employment postings (e.g., private tutor, individual adult or child care, labor, etc.), please utilize the following websites to post your opportunities:
Tips to Improve Resume Submissions:
The best way to capture a student's attention is to be concise yet specific.
- Your job needs to stand out and be unique to encourage a positive response.
- Showcase your company culture and why it is unique.
- Provide detailed information about critical skills needed.
- Describe opportunities for students/alumni to grow and develop.
- Be open about salary and benefit information.
- Make application instructions clear.