STEM Career Fair
Tuesday, September 26, from 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Online registration through UCareerPath will be availble in May 2017. If you are new to recruiting on our campus, please contact a member of our Employer Engagement Team to gain approval.
- Eligibility to Participate: This fair is only open to employers recruiting for professional career employment positions or internships that require a university degree and are directly related to one or more University of Utah majors. Unfortunately, employers who do not require a degree are unable to attend, but may consider registering for the Student Job Fair.
- Registration includes:
- 6' draped table with two chairs.
- Two (2) recruiters. Registration for additional recruiters can be purchased for $35 each.
- Parking and shuttle for 2 recruiters. See below for details.
- Inclusion in student promotional materials
- Registration DOES NOT include:
- Multi-media equipment.
- Extra tables.
- Questions? Contact our Fair Coordinator, Leslie Bolton.
|Earlybird Discount||$450||June 23, 2017|
|Regular Registration||$500||September 1, 2017|
|Late Registration||$625||September 15, 2017*|
|Government/Non-Profit - Earlybird Discount||$200||June 23, 2017|
|Government/Non-Profit - Regular Registration||$250||September 1, 2017|
|Government/Non-Profit - Late Registration||$300||September 15, 2017*|
*Space is limited and we may sell out prior to the registration deadline. Tables are
reserved on a first-come, first-serve basis so please reserve your spot as soon as
We are offering a limited number of sponsorship spots (8 per fair) to any interested employer for $1500 (includes registration) per fair. This sponsorship includes great benefits, including:
- Premium location at the Career Fair
- Inclusion of one (1) recruiter at the Student Leadership Luncheon on September 18, 2017
- Featured as a premier employer on the Utah Career Fair Plus app
- One (1) reserved premium parking spot next to the University Union
- Marketing on all Career Services social media outlets
- Recognition on Employer Career Fair Maps, given to each student
- Highlighted in various locations in the Union the day of the fair
- Company logo included in Career Fair display in Career Services for an entire semester
|7:30 am - 8:00 am||Park / Take Shuttle to Student Union|
|8:00 am - 9:00 am||Check-in at the registration table / Setup table / Continental breakfast.|
|9:00 am - 3:00 pm||Career Fair|
|11:00 am - 1:00 pm||Lunch|
|3:00 pm - 4:00 pm||Take Shuttle to Parking Lot - The shuttle will stop operating at 4:00 pm.|
Parking / Shuttle
Please utilize this PDF map. Once on campus, look for signs directing you towards employer parking. Free parking and shuttles to the union are provided for all recruiters. Parking in front of the union is self-pay; Career Services will not be providing parking validation.
The shuttle will only be running from 7:30-10:00am and 1:30-4:00pm. Please plan accordingly.
Unloading / Loading
If you plan to bring large displays, which may be difficult to carry on the shuttle, it is best if you park in the Self-Pay Parking Lot in front of the Union. The first 15 minutes are free. Once finished unloading, you are welcome to stay in the Self-Pay Parking Lot but Career Services will not be providing validations. You can also drive back to the Free Parking Lot and take the shuttle.
In adherence of ADA and Campus Policies, parking in the handicap parking spots or the shuttle/bus drop-off area in the front of the Union is prohibited. Please do not stop here to unload or load your vehicle. You may be ticketed or towed.
Free WiFi is available throughout the Union building under the UGuest network. You do not need a password.
Please plan your display accordingly as you are allotted only one (1) 6’ table. An additional table can be purchased at the time of registration. In addition, the University of Utah Career Fairs are green fairs & we encourage you to minimize hand-outs and pre-packaged giveaways. Also please do not bring food items for students other than small, individually-wrapped treats.
Recruiting on Campus
Please ship your materials no later than 10 days prior to the fair. Materials MUST be received by Career Services no later than 3 business days prior to the fair & should be clearly marked with your company’s name. Materials should be addressed as follows:
Career Fair - University of Utah Career Services
201 South 1460 East
Student Services Building, Room 350
Salt Lake City, UT 84112-9058
After the fair, you will need to arrange with your selected company for pick-up and then you may leave your packages in the ballroom. Please bring your own account number and packing slip/label. The address and phone number for pickup is:
Union Building – Ballroom
200 South Central Campus Drive
Salt Lake City, UT 84112
University Guest House - http://www.guesthouse.utah.edu