Tips for Success at the Career Fair
Before the Fair
- You want to ensure your display demonstrates to observers what you do, and what you
are looking for.
- Have brochures on hand, but since we are ensuring a “Green” event, we ask you to please
keep paper to a minimum. Certainly use handouts to initiate conversations with students,
but do not allow that to be your only presentation.
- Request interview rooms and information sessions at least two weeks in advance. For more information, contact our Recruiting Coordinator, Sara Jarman.
Interacting with students
- Students prefer to hear an overall view of what you have to offer.
- Stand at your exhibit if you are able.
- Don’t wait for students to approach you, be assertive, while friendly and sincere.
- Make your booth as interactive and informational as possible. Students do not want
to hear, "Go to our website."
After the Fair
- Respond to all inquiries personally as soon as you can
- Consider connecting with students by participating in other Career Services programs and events throughout the year.