Sample Information Interview Questions
- What career path did YOU follow to your present position?
- What are the most important personal satisfactions and dissatisfactions connected
with your job?
- If you were a college student again, what would you do differently to prepare for
- What can you tell me about your organization's corporate culture?
- Which organizations outside your own do you consider to be especially well run? Where
else would you recommend I investigate?
- What are the typical entry-level job titles and functions in this field?
- What is a typical career path in this field? What are some paths that people have
followed that are completely atypical?
- What skills, licenses, certifications and experiences are especially valuable in your
- What majors did people in your field pursue?
- In what ways is your field changing?
- From everything you've observed, what problems can you cite regarding working in this
- What is the most important thing that someone interested in this field should know?
- What kinds of things would you recommend I do now to improve my chances of success
in your field?
- What professional journals and publications should I be reading to learn about this
- What should I consider doing that I haven't even thought of?
- What final advice do you have to offer?