Start with Focus 2
Take Focus 2 - a FREE online assessment which helps you narrow down your personal preferences, values, interests and skills and provides suggestions on career paths that may be of interest to you.
Discover Your Personality
What does your ideal work environment look like?
Describe yourself in 3 words.
What would your friends say they like about you?
- Take the MBTI - the Myers Briggs Type Indicator is a personality assessment to help provide you with a better understanding of how you perceive the world and make big decisions – both of which are very important factors to consider when exploring careers. You can take the MBTI for a $25 fee. If you are interested in taking the MBTI, please schedule an appointment with your career coach.
Discover Your Values
How do you want to be remembered? What do you want to be remembered for?
How would you define success?
What problems would you like to solve or changes would you like to make?
If you could only bring one thing or person to a desert island, what/who would you bring?
- Rank your values activity (Coming Soon!)
Discover Your Interests
What local, societal, or world problems interest you?
If you could switch jobs with 3 people, whose jobs would you select and why?
If you could take a courses on any subject, at any level, what subjects would you take?
If you could make money doing whatever you wanted, what would you do?
- Take the Strong Interest Inventory - an assessment you can take to help you hone and refine your specific interests in order to explore careers that fits you. You can take the SII online for a fee of $25. If you are interested in taking the SII, please schedule an appointment with your career coach.
- Career Info by College – Interested in a specific discipline but not sure what career pathways it leads to? Check out this resource to see some common career possibilities for different colleges.
Discover Your Skills
What role do you take on during group class projects?
What positive feedback have you received from previous supervisors or professors?
List some experiences in your life in which you are most proud of.
If you were to win an award, what award do you think you would win?
- Take Skills Profiler – explore how your specific skills could be utilized in different career fields or learn about what skills are needed for certain careers.
- Take StrengthsQuest: Discover your greatest strengths, learn how to articulate them to employers, and explore careers that maximize your strengths! Check our calendar for events that provide free StrengthsQuest assessments!